In case you missed it amid all the D23 chaos, Disney Cruise Line’s fleet is growing by not two, but THREE! Here’s what we know so far.
- The ships will be built at the Meyer Werft shipyard in Papenburg, Germany.
- Each ship has a scheduled completion date of 2021, 2022, and 2023, respectively.
- Each ship will have unique experiences not available on any other ships in the fleet.
- All 3 will be powered by clean-burning liquefied natural gas.
- All 3 new ships will be the same size – approx. 135,000 gross tons with 1,250 staterooms. That will make all 3 ships larger than both the Fantasy and the Dream, currently the two youngest members of the fleet.
In closing the official announcement, Parks & Resorts Chairman said the following,
“We decided two ships wouldn’t be enough to hold all of the exciting new experiences we have been dreaming up to take family cruise vacations to a whole new level with immersive Disney storytelling, world-class family entertainment, and imaginative innovations that are fantastically fun and uniquely Disney.”
Disney will make further announcements about its expanding fleet in the coming year. Stay tuned for updates!