Despite being primarily marketed for children, any Disney fan knows the animated movies can be downright brutal at times. Especially when it comes to insults! Here are just a few of our favorite sharp remarks (which by no means is a comprehensive list.) What’s your favorite Disney insult?
Note: this list does not include comebacks or exchanges with multiple lines. We’ll have another list for those next week.
- “You are a sad, strange little man…and you have my pity.” – Buzz Lightyear (Toy Story)
- “Isn’t it rather dangerous to use one’s entire vocabulary in a single sentence?” – Francis (Oliver & Company)
- “Oh, it’s just you. We thought it was somebody important.” – Banzai (The Lion King)
- “You are positively primeval.” – Belle (Beauty and the Beast)
- “With greatest possible respect, zip your howling screamer.” – Captain Amelia (Treasure Planet)
- “You poor, simple fools.” – Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty)
- “I’m surrounded by idiots.” – Scar (The Lion King)